Sunday, March 10, 2013

"Nobel Peace Prize Forum 2013"


Omar Offendum: Hip Hop and Peace - March 2013 from Nobel Peace Prize Forum on Vimeo.

Last night I had the honor of presenting / performing at The Nobel Peace Prize Forum here in Minneapolis. It was a mix of live music, poetry, speech & reflection. My portion is about 1hr followed by another performance-lecture delivered by my dear Brother Ali. We then have a short Q&A with the audience & moderator towards the end. Much respect to all the peace-loving people who organized, volunteered, supported & attended this beautiful event hosted by Augsburg College.






I also had the distinct pleasure of meeting one of my biggest inspirations - the Yemeni Revolutionary Journalist / Activist / Educator / Nobel Laureate / Mother / SuperWoman - the ever-inspiring Tawakkol Karaman ... She was the first Arab woman, second Muslim woman, & youngest person ever to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.



Direct Links:

http://vimeo.com/64355731


http://nobelpeaceprizeforum.org/video-archive-2013/

I welcome your feedback & appreciate your support!

Sinsyrianly

- Omar

No comments:

Post a Comment